Kunwar Shekhar Vijendra belongs to a small historical town Gangoh, situated on the banks of river Yamuna in district Saharanpur of India. He is an educationist by choice and is working for the empowerment of youth through education. Kunwar Vijendra is the Chancellor of Shobhit University, Meerut and Shobhit University, Gangoh; and is the Founder- Executive Trustee of NICE Society Trust, a not-for-profit organization.
Kunwar Vijendra is very actively involved with a number of social organizations. Some of his major social affiliation are:-
• Advisor, Shri JP Mathur Charitable Trust, New Delhi;
• Chairman, Livelihood Development Research Foundation;
• Mentor, International Skill Development Centre;
• Mentor, Centre for Law and Good Governance;
• Advisor, Citizen’s Commission for Dialogue, Justice and Reconciliation, India;
• Advisor, Harijan Sevak Sangh;
• National Council Member, All India Prohibition Council;
• National Council Member, Centre for Education Growth and Research
Acknowledging his contribution to society in the areas of education and other concerns he has been copiously honored and awarded.
He has traveled widely in India and to the countries like USA, UK, Germany, Australia, Russia, China, South Korea, Vietnam, Mongolia, UAE, and Mauritius to participate in various professional, social and educational activities.
He is a persistent advocate of the initiatives for education for the poor, secular values, crisis management through diplomatic and peaceful ways, and globalized systems of learning and peaceful co-existence.
He is an avid reader, keen learner, social speaker, occasional poet and a daydreamer!